14. June 2015. - The 24 hours of Le Mans - Corvette Racing, the Le Mans recorder, the most successfull GT team did a great job again like in the past 16 years. Corvette won again the GT PRO class of Le Mans 24 hours race! Since 2001, 8 victories in Le Mans. Amazing Job!
24 Hours of Le Mans GTE Pro Results:
1. 64 Corvette Racing - GM GAVIN / MILNER / TAYLOR Chevrolet Corvette C7.R
2. 71 AF Corse RIGON / CALADO / BERETTA Ferrari 458 Italia
3. 51 AF Corse BRUNI / VILANDER / FISICHELLA Ferrari 458 Italia
4. 95 Aston Martin Racing SORENSEN / THIIM / NYGAARD Aston Martin Vantage V8
5. 91 Porsche Team Manthey LIETZ / CHRISTENSEN / BERGMEISTER Porsche 911 RSR
"Never give up! Go Team Corvette!"
12. June 2011. - The 24 hours of Le Mans - The C6.R, the Le Mans recorder, the most successfull GT team did a great job again like in the past 10 years. Corvette won again the GT class races of Le Mans 24 hours! Since 2001, 7 victories in Le Mans. Amazing Job!
The No. 74 Compuware Corvette C6.R took the lead in the first hour and held it until Sunday morning. Nearly 17 hours after the start, contact with a Porsche resulted in extensive damage to the front and rear of the car and was retired. After this the No. 73 Corvette C6.R started to chase the Ferrari and Porsche and caught both of them after 4 hours and held the lead until the end of race with a very steady performance.
All 3 Corvettes performed well without any mechanical/technical issues during this 24 hours race.
The former Porsche driver (FIA GT, Porsche cup winner) Richard Westbrook asnwered in an interview on Sat: "I would never change back Corvette for any other cars in the future."
24 Hours of Le Mans GTE Pro Results:
1. 73 Beretta/Milner/Garcia, Corvette C6.R
2. 51 Fisichella/Bruni/Vilander, Ferrari F458 Italia
3. 56 Priaulx/Muller/Hand, BMW M3 GT
4. 77 Lieb/Lietz/Henzler, Porsche 997 GT3 RSR
5. 76 Narac/Pilet/Armindo, Porsche 997 GT3 RSR
Doug Fehan: "Never give up! Go Team Corvette!"
14. June 2009. - The 24 hours of Le Mans - The Corvette C6.R team, the most successfull ALMS team did a great job again like in the past 10 years. Corvette won again the GT class race of Le Mans 24 hours! Since 2000, 6 victories in Le Mans, and 8 consecutive championships in ALMS. Amazing Job!
The GT1 class winner #63 Corvette - Jan Magnussen, Johnny O’Connell és Antonio Garcia - did 342 laps, and the second Alphand Aventures C6.R (#73) did 336 laps until the fibish. The 2nd factory Corvette C6.R (#64 - Oliver Gavin, Olivier Beretta és Marcel Fassler) retired from leading after 311 laps.
The Corvette Racing Team is moving to the global GT (GT2) class in 2010...
October 29, 2007 - The first production Corvette C6RS developed by Pratt & Miller Engineering will be available in April 2008. The new Super Corvette has been introduced on October 29, 2007. Inspired by the Le Mans-winning Corvette C6.R race cars, the new Pratt & Miller Corvette C6RS supercar combines advanced racing technology with everyday driveability.
A few important techincal parameters. Powered by a Katech Performance 8.2-liter (500ci) all-aluminum small-block V-8 engine that produces 600 horsepower and 600 lb.-ft. torque, the Pratt & Miller Corvette C6RS employs a purpose-built carbon fiber body to reduce weight and improve aerodynamic efficiency, 1.6” wider than production Z06 front and rear.
A computer-controlled adjustable suspension system, center-nut forged aluminum BBS wheels with Michelin tires, and massive Brembo monoblock disc brakes enhance vehicle dynamics. Wheel size 18x11” front, 19x13.6” rear, Michelin Pilot Sport tires 295/30-18 front, 345/30-19 rear, 6 piston monobloc front, 4 piston mono-block rear
14” front disk, 13.5” rear disk, aluminum hat floating disk. Blue printed T-56 six speed transmission.
18. June 2006. - The 24 hours of Le Mans - The C6-R, the Le Mans King, did a great job like in the past couple of years, Corvette won again the GT1 class' race of Le Mans 24 hours! In the GT1 class the first is #64 'Vette (Oliver Gavin, O. Beretta and J. Magnussen) - 355 laps (absolut 4th position!) and the seventh is #63 'Vette (Ron Fellows, Johnny O’Connell and M. Papis) 327 laps (absolut 12th position).
The C5.R of the Alphand Aventures team got the third position and the second was an Aston Martin DBR9 (350 laps).
This race was about Aston Martins and Corvettes again in GT1 class, others could not show anything that matters. So, three from three Corvettes finished the race, in the first, third and seventh place, and no any LMP2 car could beat the first Corvette. And also, the Corvette almost got a podium place in the absolut rank. Great job, Thanks!
28. February 2006. - C6.R Named North American Car of the Year by dailysportscar.com - this online magazine provides in-depth coverage of sports car and GT series worldwide. In announcing the selection of the Corvette C6.R over marques such as Audi, Aston Martin and Maserati, the editors wrote, "The two yellow missiles utterly dominated proceedings in GT1. They were nothing short of world class throughout the year, taking ALMS and Le Mans titles at the first attempt - how many more might follow?"
Corvette Racing will unveil two new Corvette C6.R race cars at the 54th annual Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring on March 15-18, the season-opening round of the 10-race ALMS series. Last year Corvette Racing team raced to 10 victories in 11 starts, including the team's fourth 1-2 finish in the GT1 class in the 24 Hours of Le Mans. The team won the ALMS GT1 manufacturers championship for the fifth consecutive year, and swept the drivers, team and pit crew championships.
The Corvette C6.R shares components and technology with its production counterpart. For example, the street car's flush-mounted headlights, central air intake and sleek body design enhance the performance of the race car, while the production Z06 Corvette's 7.0-liter LS7 small-block V-8 engine, carbon fiber body panels and aerodynamic enhancements were inspired by the racing version.
19. June 2005. - The 24 hours of Le Mans - Brand new C6-Rs did a great job like C5-Rs last year, Corvettes won again in Le Mans, on the longest race in ALMS! In the GT1 class the first is #64 'Vette (Oliver Gavin, O. Beretta and J. Magnussen) - 349 laps (absolut 5th position!) and the second is #63 'Vette (Ron Fellows, Johnny O’Connell and M. Papis) 347 laps (absolut 6th position), the third was an Aston Martin DBR9 (333 laps).
This race was only about Aston Martins and Corvettes in GT1 class, others (e.g. Ferrari) could not show anything that matters. So, two from two Corvettes finished the race, in the first and second place, and last time the Corvette won Road Atlanta and Mid Ohio race also. Great job!
13. June 2004. - The 24 hours of Le Mans - A C5-Rs did a great job again at Le Mans, they won again. C5-Rs reached the first (#64- Oliver Gavin, O. Beretta és J. Magnussen - 345 laps, 6th position) and second (#63 - Ron Fellows, Johnny O’Connell és M. Papis - 334 laps, 8th position) position, the third was a Ferrari 550 Maranello (329 laps). Legendary C5-Rs have won third time here since the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 2000.
There was some problem in the race again, actually one of the C5-R (#63) had a flat tire and it must be serviced for long time after sliping out. Other C5-R was pushed out by the larger Audi prototype, and she have to be repaired in the box. But two from two Corvettes finished the race, in the first and second place, and last time the Corvette won the 12 hours Sebring race also. Great work!
01. January 2004. - 2005 Chevrolet Corvette C6 - GM introduced data, pictures, and showcar of C6 at Detroit Car Show, which will be manufactured from third quater year of 2004 at Bowling Green (Convertible will be shown also in spring and she will be produced on autumn).
The chief engineer of Corvette, Dave Hill said she is not only an updated C5, she is a totaly new XXI. century generation's sports car saving tradition also.
The engine is the totaly new 6 liters V8 (LS2) based on LS1 and LS6, it has 400 horsepowers at 6000 rpm and 542 Nm at 4400 rpm. The more powerful version (Z06 or Z07) will get more than 500 horspowers for 2006.
Corvette engineers think the car is more usable and faster. She got a totaly new driveline (almost every parts are new related to C5), the "Magnetic Selective Ride Control" is based and the Z51 Performance package is optional (similar to C5-R). Transmission is new also (manual and automatic also), and the 6000 cubiccentimeter's engine, which is signed as the best engine of the world. The terminal velocity is 290 km/h with 18 (front) and 19 inches (rear) wheels and totaly new GoddYear tires (The Extended Mobility Tires (EMT)).
The design is developt by the leadership of Tom Peters. The C6 became smaller and shorter but she became wider. Engineers took a lot of time thinking about headlamps and they made a decision changing to fixed lamps after 1962. The most time was spent to the rear parts of the car by developers, because this part is the most popular to drivers of other cars :), and I think this is perfect (great lamps and pipes!). Aditionaly there is many C3 styles on the car, which is good for us I think, and the emblem is new again as every time. There are many aditional thing, two sided HUD, Bose CD-mp3, new remote controller with start button and first time heated seats etc. So the history of new legendary Corvette generation has began, Go 'Vette!
30. june 2003. - Corvette is 50 years old - A dreamcar, a dream of world's sportscar fans, an icon of a country, a sportscar with great history, the Chevrolet Corvette or everybody called 'Vette is 50 years old. On 30 June 1953 the first white cabrio sportscar rolled down from the assembly line and tried to keep until today what everybody loved for. Powerful V8 engine, classical two-seater shape, running for racing, a lot of new technical and individual solution with payable price keeping level with other high price's sportscars. Anybody who drove, sat in or only saw her got a great memory and wasn't disappointed.
Fifty years are very long time... Meantime many cars disappeared from market, but Corvette stayed and kept all of things what are waited from her.
Hope that until there will be need for four wheels vehicle and true sportscar there will be 'Vette also.
Happy 50th Birthday Corvette!!! CORVETTE FOREVER
15. June 2003. - The 24 hours of Le Mans - A C5-Rs did a great job again at Le Mans. Though C5-Rs didn't win the race, but they reached the second (#50 - Oliver Gavin, Kelly Collins and Andy Pilgrim - 326 laps, 11th position) and third (#53 - Ron Fellows, Johnny O’Connell and Franck Freon - 326 laps, 12th position) position, the first was a Ferrari 550 Maranello (336 laps). Legendary C5-Rs have earned podium finishes in the last 29 consecutive races, including 20 victories. It is a record of consistency that spans more than three years, dating back to the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 2000.
On the occasion of 50th Anniversary each Vette got a new blue painting, #50, #53 number, and tha pace car also was a Corvette. There was some problem in the race because of heat (gearbox etc.), actually one of the C5-R had an incident with the larger #16 Dome Judd prototype, but did not sustain any serious damage, two from two Corvettes finished the race, but only one from three Ferraris...
15. March 2003. - The 12 hours of Sebring - C5-Rs have won again at Sebring, Florida. Team of Fellows, O'Connell and Freon demonstrate speed, reliability and consistency in ALMS series, GTS-class win.
Oliver Gavin Puts Corvette in GTS Pole Position for The 12 Hours of Sebring and both Chevrolet Corvettes break Sebring lap record in first qualifying session of the 2003 ALMS season: Gavin*/ Collins/ Pilgrim, #4 Corvette C5-R 1:59.024 111.910. Fellows/ O'Connell*/ Freon, #3 Corvette C5-R 1:59.458 111.504. Otherwise there was some other sports car there: Dodge Viper, Ferrari 550, Saleen SR7 etc., but the Corvette made her own class in GTS class...
12. December 2002. - 2003 Chevrolet White Shark Corvette - Nowdays the General Motors building bigger and bigger V8 engine's Corvettes. One of the evidence is the White Shark Vette with special spoilers and interior shown in 2002 SEMA show.
The engine is 6.6 litres (402 ci) two valves OHV 90 V8 (LS1). She has 512 horsepower at 5500 and the best torque is 709 Nm at 4700. This car is rear drive and she has a four speed automatic transmission.
25. August 2002. - Lingenfelter Wide Body C5 - At Lingenfelter Performance Engineering a new powered Corvette was made again with 427 cubic inch engine (7 litres). The car have got a twin turbo set, she has 725 horsepowers and she needs only 2,97 seconds to reach 60 mph. So this Vette's terminal velocity is 240 mph!
The Lingenfelter Performance Engineering would like to reach the old Sledgehammer Corvette speed record (254,7 mph), they would like to build a Vette with 255 mph terminal velocity.
16. June 2002. - The 24 hours race of Le Mans - After last year C5-Rs have won again in Le Mans. In LM-GTS class the two Corvette caugth the first two place: the 63's Corvette with R. Fellows, J. O'connell and O. Gavin was faster than more LM-900's cars and caught the 11th place in absolute cathegory in 04:00.293 second. The other C5-R (64 - F. Freon, A. Pilgrim, K. Collins) Corvette Racing Gary Pratt team caught the 13th place in 04:01,980 second.
03. june 2002. - 2004 Chevrolet Corvette C6 - There is a new design about C6 again which will appear on the spring of 2004. The 5.7 V8 engine which will be based on LS1 and LS6 will deliver 400 horsepower. The more powerful version Z06 or Z07 will have about 425 horsepower and will be appear in 2006. The car will be sold with "Diplacement on Demand" system which is on the result of economy and decreasing power with stopping 2-4 cylinders. The Corvette will has a new handling system and will be faster and the ride will be better.
The designer of this car is Tom Peters, so the C6 seems to be smaller but she's long is same than C5 has. This design will be changed in the future maybe for the previous version or a new version. Until the spring of 2003 this car is under constraction.
12. May 2002. - LPE 427 CID Twin Turbo C5 Corvette - The Lingenfelter Performance Engineering have made a new performance Corvette again. The car has a 7 liters twin turbo aluminium block with 725 horsepowers which is contacted the road by an automatic transmission. Catching the 100 mph is about 7 seconds and catching the 140 mph is about 10 seconds. This C5 package is about $50.000 at John Lingenfelter with two years or 24.000 miles garantie.
16. March 2002. - On Saturday, March 16 Corvette has won at The 12 Hours of Sebring. Ron Fellows, Johnny O'Connell, and Oliver Gavin were faster than a gaggle of Saleens, Ferraris, and Vipers enroute to victory in the 50th running of North America's greatest endurance race.
Having already won the GTS class at both Le Mans and the Petite Le Mans, as well as overall honors at Daytona, and now the C5-R have won in Sebring too. C5-R qualified in 1:59.699 and none of the Corvettes' competitors could break the two minute barrier, with a Viper coming closest at 2:01.476.
The next outing for the Corvettes comes on May 5 in a full day of testing in Le Mans in preparation for the June race there.
08. November 2001. - 2004 Chevrolet Corvette - After half a century GM prepares to celebrate with 50th anniversary Corvettes in 2003 and the new sixth generation model: C6 in 2004.
The plan codename is GMX 245. Some changes: 370-390 horsepower, front 265/40 ZR17, rear 295/35 ZR18, and many technical changes (mp3-player, Night Vision etc.).
30. October 2001. - Lingenfelter Z06.5 - John Lingenfelter have made a new Corvette again. The engine is still 5.7 litres, but the car have got a twin turbo set, so the car has 550 horsepowers.
There is two years or 24.000 miles garantie, but it isn't needed.
06. October 2001. - At Saturday night the No. 4 GM Goodwrench C5-R Corvette, co-driven by Andy Pilgrim, Kelly Collins and Franck Freon, have won for the sixth time in the eighth race series in AMLS (American Le Mans Series) at Road Atlanta course. The No. 3 GM Goodwrench C5-R Corvette, driven by Ron Fellows, Johnny O'Connell and Scott Pruett suffered electrical problems and completed just two laps.
The final victory gave Chevrolet clear title to the 2001 GTS Manufacturer title with six wins in the eight race, endurance road race series beating out Saleen and Daimler Chrysler. Saleen had two wins, Daimler Chrysler none.
October 2001. - Rogen Vinci Hi-Performance: Big-block Z06 - There are some people in Europe, who think having a fast muscle car. I would suggest them to try this z06, I think, they don't speak proudly their car after this.
This Corvette has a twin nitro set, it means, 500 horsepower + 2x200 horsepower = 900 horsepower. In one mile this car accelerate for 140 mph in 9 seconds.
August 2001. - The GM are developing the next Corvette Z modell: Z07.
The test-car is already finished and it will be more powerful than Z06
MTI 7.0 L engine, 620 horsepower, with nitro about 800 horsepower...
17. June 2001 - Corvette Takes 1st and 2nd in GTS class at 24 Hours of Le Mans, France.
The GM Corvette Team is the team to beat in the GTS class, The #63 GM Goodwrench Corvette C5-R driven by Ron Fellows, Johnny O'Connell and Scott Pruett battled the torment of the torrential rainfall to win the GTS class at the prestigious 24 Hours of Le Mans. The #64 Goodwrench Corvette C5-R driven by Andy Pilgrim, Kelly Collins and Franck Freon; added an exclamation point to the victory by placing 2nd in class. The victory at Le Mans proves once again the American Performance Icon called Corvette is truly a world class car.